Distracted Driving Accidents
Do you need a distracted driving accident lawyer in Richmond, VA?
Distracted driving has grown to one of the leading causes of auto accidents in the United States. Every day, distracted drivers are traveling on our roads and highways, causing collisions that seriously injure and sometimes kill innocent people. There are many things that can distract a driver such as changing stations on the radio, talking on your cell phone, sending and reading text messages or e-mails, and following a GPS system can all cause accidents due to distracted driving.
In Virginia, there is a ban on texting while driving and other distracting handheld devices and activities. The law specifics can be found here. In some cases, distracted driving in the state of Virginia can lead to a Reckless Driving charge.
Texting while driving is the largest cause of accidents involving a distracted driver. Many states outlaw the use hand-held devices while driving for this very reason. In 2015, the National Occupant Protection Use Survey reported that handheld cell phone use continued to be highest amongst 16-24 year old drivers. Additionally, studies have shown that 11% of all drivers under the age of 20 that were involved in fatal crashes involved a distracted driver
Although texting is the largest cause of accidents involving distracted drivers, other forms of distracted driving include:
- Eating and drinking
- Following a GPS
- Talking to passengers
- Distractions outside of vehicle (rubbernecking or reading billboards)
- Personal grooming
- Adjusting radio
If you have questions about situation, contact a distracted driving accident lawyer in Richmond, VA to assist you.
Reckless Driving accidents can result in injuries such as:
- Head and Back Injuries. This could include traumatic brain injuries, concussions, lasting cognitive problems, spinal cord injuries, herniated disks, nerve damage, skull factures, hearing loss, or vision problems.
- Neck and Chest Injuries. This could include whiplash, vocal cord paralysis, broken ribs, collapsed lungs, traumatic cardiac arrest, internal bleeding, or damage to organs.
- Other Injuries. This might include broken bones, torn ligaments or muscles, or even emotional distress.
Read more on personal injuries related to automobiles here.
Personal injury lawyers can help the effected individual receive proper compensation for their injuries. Common types of damages recoverable in an distracted driving accidents include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of ability to earn in future
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Funeral expenses
- Liability payments
Talk to experts.
If you were injured in an accident that involved a distracted driver, you should seek legal help for your injuries. Let The Gee Law Firm serve as your distracted driving accident lawyer in Richmond, VA. The Gee Law Firm has been working for over 30 years to help individuals receive the compensation and justice they deserve. Call our office today at 804-226-4111 to schedule a free consultation. Allow our attorneys to fight for you!